Whilst all our courses are live-aboard, you may wish to stay longer in Nelson either before or after your course with us to explore what else the region has to offer. There is a wide variety of accommodation options available, including some a stone’s throw from our marina berth.
- Harbourside Motor Lodge – Right on the edge of the marina, this is a very convenient accommodation option for the night before or the night after your course.
- Tasman Bay Backpackers – The pick of the lower budget options. Located on Weka Street, less than 1km from the boat.
- The Sails Nelson – A 5 Star motel situated half way between the marina and the city centre.
- Parautane Lodge B&B – A luxury bed & breakfast option in the hills, with amazing views over Tasman Bay and just 15 minutes drive from the marina.
- Wakefield Quay House – Wakefield Quay House is a heritage 1905 villa offering relaxed luxurious guest house accommodation.
There are also numerous excellent restaurants and cafes to choose from in Nelson. In order of proximity to the marina, here are a few of our favorites:
- The Anchor Restaurant & Bar – Steakhouse restaurant and bar right next to our berth in the marina
- The Styx – Waterfront bar/restaurant with a well-priced menu incorporating local seafood
- Nahm – Thai with a Twist! Thai Fusion menu with excellent flavours, very well priced and situated with great views of The Cut and the harbour from above Nelson Yacht Club, New Zealand’s oldest yacht club.
- The Boatshed Cafe – Arguably Nelson’s most iconic waterfront fine-dining experience. Great for a coffee during the day too.
- East St Vegetarian Cafe – Recently re-located, there’s no meat here… just stacks of amazing vegetarian dishes. Try “Yes-Dahl” or “Kiss-A-Dear” or if you’re starving the MVP Burger with Chunks!
- Nicola’s Cantina – A Mexican street food inspired restaurant, with great flavours – orders stacks of the different Tacos!